Our little sand digger
As Cambri's interests develop right along with her personality, she never fails to surprise us as she reveals what her interests are. About two weeks ago when Cameron was in Arizona for a Deloitte intern conference, Cambri and I headed to Richmond "beach" with the Jensens. Cambri spent most of her time lounging in her little bathing suit on the beach towel that I brought for her. I surrounded her by toys but to no avail she was not very interested. She would much rather crawl around. Particularly off the towel so she began digging in the dirt/sand and was loving every minute of it. I sat by her side and watched her dig for quite sometime. She had not made any attempts on eating the sand up to that point so I figured she would not. Needless to say she tricked me. She ended up getting a handful of sand and put it in her mouth...not just once but a few times. I watched her face for an expression of disgust but one never came. She seemed to enjoy something about the sand. Perhaps the texture, taste, unfamiliarity?!? Who knows! I was not encouraging the behavior by any means but she managed to do it a few times before I resorted to feeding her lunch.





Hi Jamie! Your little sand digger is too cute! A little sand is good for them, right? =) I love to see little kids experience new things, like sand! How fun!
Post a Comment